Saturday, October 08, 2005

All Photos Now Online

All 745 photos I took during my trip to Lousiana (and the preparation for the trip) are now online. Every photo is accessible, so be careful which photo you choose.

The albums you may view are grouped by theme:

-Pets Rescued (by our team)
-Ones that Got Away
-Pet Rescue Team
-Camp Rite-Aid (where we lived and where our makeshift kennel was)
-Destruction in New Orleans (photos of the utter wasteland it has become)
-Animals at Gonzales (Lamar Dixon)
-YMCA (where our supplies were)
-The French Quarter (empty but still standing)
-Prison-New Orleans (complete with pics of our souvenirs from the penitentiary
-Donations in my garage
-X-Country road trip
-Shreveport, Louisiana
-Hospitable folks in Gonzales
-Lacey's-Nashville
-A couple of pics of Comet and I

There are four album containing dead animals. These photos are marked with a double asterisk (**), and are called:

-**Horror @ Beauregard Middle School
-**Horror @ Sebastien Roy Elemantary
-**Horror @ St. Bernard High School
-**Other Dead Animals

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you took alot of great pics.

Eric

6:59 PM  
Blogger CAT said...

Thanks! I hope we can tell a good story with them.

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for posting the pictures of the dead animals at the schools. I am heartbroken to see the images of especially the cat in the carrier, but these images need to be out there. thank you also for images of the drowned and starved animals you found. again, heartbreaking, but important to see. i am creating an altar for Day of the Dead, and these animals will be honored.

10:10 PM  
Blogger CAT said...

Where are you creating the altar? Online?

I think it's important to document the entire experience, and not just the happy moments. For us, New Orleans was about life and death, and I wanted to be as true to the experience as I could.

Thanks for your words.

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting your photos. It is so great to see how much people really do care! And the looks on the animals faces are priceless - they know they are safe now.

I can't say I really enjoyed looking at some of the more graphic photos, as it brought to light what I fear I will see when I am in Louisiana, rescuing animals, starting on November 1st.

I am glad, though, that I am better prepared to face whatever comes my way, thanks to people like you who ventured there first.

By the way, it's a small world - my husband and I live in Long Beach, CA, as well!

2:35 PM  
Blogger CAT said...

To binary blonde in Long Beach-

Can you contact me before you got, please? ce_buell@yahoo.com

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home