Saturday, October 22, 2005

Urgent Plea for Animal Volunteers

There is an URGENT call out RIGHT NOW for people who can get to New Orleans to help rescue animals that are still trapped inside houses. At the moment, there is still a list of over 1200 animals that are TRAPPED in homes without food or water, and EVERY DAY, ANIMALS ARE STILL BEING PULLED OUT ALIVE.

Unfortunately, there are not enough rescue volunteers now to save these animals. At one point this week, I'd heard that there were 12 volunteers there. In order to save the animals who are slowly starving to death, more volunteers are needed to go there and save them.

I urge anyone to either get on a plane and go there NOW or help finance someone else who can make the trip. Time is running out for these furry ones. Please help us get to them all.

A Paypal link has been established so that donations may be given to help support both the rescue volunteers and to treat the rescued animals who have Heartworm, kennel cough, mange and other illnesses. To donate, simply click the link marked, "MAKE A DONATION" on the left side of the page (under "links"). Thank you

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cat,

It's horrible to read this knowing I still have 10 days left to get out there and help!! I'm itching to use my vet tech skills where they are so desperately needed!

Oh, say.. I sent you an email. Did you receive it yet?

9:30 PM  
Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said...

Unfortunately I can't go. But I say great job on this mission and I wish you much success. I wish more people were as nice.

5:47 PM  
Blogger CAT said...

Binaryblonde--

Yes, I sent you one back...call me!

Comp Commenter...thank you!

CAT

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home